Skip to main content

A-Z Journal - B (for Buttercup)

I've got a short break between school assessment tasks and I've been spending most of my time gardening - we are having the most amazing Autumn weather here and I have a lot I want to get done in the bee garden. I've just about finished all of the paths (finally), and there is a stack of pruning and planting to do as well as lots of seeds to sow and cuttings to take. I really want to put in a rustic looking water feature, too, so that's next on my task to research :)

Here's the next instalment from my A-Z journal. I've used one of my longtime favourite tangle patterns Buttercup. Love. Love. I discovered Buttercup early on and it's shown up in many of my designs since - in fact it made it's debut in my first tangle journal back in 2012.

I love it's simplicity and, well, because..........FLOWERS.

For this page I've used a wonky grid (1) and then added additional lines to create a grid in a grid (2) so that there is a bit of variety in the flowers size and shape. You can see how I created the underlying grid here:



Have a good one!
hx

Comments

  1. I've always loved this tangle pattern. I love the way you've put a new twist on it. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Buttercup too - in fact it forms part of the logo for my little crafty business I was trying to get up and going! I LOVE the effect of the wonky grid! Hadn't thought about that before - creates such a lovely soft fluid feel - which of course you are famous for! Thank you, knce again, for the amazing inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love all kinds of flowers and I enjoy very much with your journal of zentangle. I would like to know better english, I apologize
    for that. Thanks very much for sharing your job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow the buttercup is wonderful Helen. I must give this tangle a try. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am a bit late to comment, but when your buttercup snowed into my inbox, I knew I had to try it out. And so I did today - I made 2 in fact. I want to let you know that your drawings inspire me greatly. My results will most often not compliment your patterns, but I have decided that I will follow your journey, which at the speed you are going, will occupy me for about 2 1/2 years. Fantastic.
    http://nevernotime.blogspot.com/2017/03/helens-journey-b-buttercup.html

    As for C... somehow I believe it will not be cobbles.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for sharing This knowledge.Excellently written article.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you Helen! This could make an interesting fat border for any chosen center image... You always give me so many ideas!!! I love being sparked with ideas from your ideas...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Helen.
    Your latest instalment of the a-z journal has inspired me to attempt one myself...a weekly challenge shall we say. Been a follower of yours for longer than I care to mention( am I a stalker lol) on Facebook, Pinterest and your blog, And eagerly await your next post. Keep up the fantastic posts.
    Regards
    From a beautiful spring morning in the English Lake District
    Steve

    ReplyDelete
  9. Helen,sweetness,I have yet to see an artist that can create such delicate images with as much care into the sharp details as you do. I refer to "Flips.folds.ribbons.,," often and want to thank you again (it's been awhile since I've commented)for sharing and teaching your gift. Peace.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you :)